Career Services Advisor
- - Career Services
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
Are you looking for a rewarding position with excellent benefits, paid time off, and holiday pay?
Tulsa Welding School and Technology Center is currently seeking a Career Services Advisor. This is an immediate position for the right candidate with excellent communication skills and a desire to see others succeed.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance and a 401(k) employer match. In addition, you will receive 10 paid holidays and two weeks of paid time off during the year, to start. This is an immediate position for the right candidate who possesses the experience and skills necessary.
In the Career Services Advisor role, you will:
- Provide communication to students regarding employment activities and opportunities
- Research opportunities for current students and alumni by accessing local job search web sites, newspapers, state and local employment agencies and other creative means
- Maintain all employment verification records supporting graduate placements
- Participate in public relations forums to promote the reputation and services of the school (i.e. job fairs, open houses, guest speakers, graduate job visits, etc.)
Meet with students one-on-one and in groups in the classroom to provide coaching on employment goals, interview skills, resume writing through activities and lectures
- Prepare students for the realistic working world through proper advisory
- Minimum of two years Customer Service, Sales, or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Can-do and whatever-it-takes attitude
- Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to work individually and within a group
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Established customer service background
- Consistently display the highest level of integrity
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task, perform well under pressure, meet deadlines and work flexible hours.
- Computer proficiency using Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, and Outlook) required
- Candidates must be able to successfully pass a criminal history check and drug test.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts