- - Training – Welding
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
Are you looking for a rewarding position in Welding with excellent benefits, vacation pay, and holiday pay?
Tulsa Welding School has been training welders for over 60 years. We are currently seeking a Welding Instructor. In this rewarding position, you will administer lessons according to pre-developed lesson plans and lead students through practical application of lessons taught.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance. In addition, you will receive holiday pay and two weeks of paid time off during the year, to start. This is an immediate position for the right candidate who possesses the experience and skills necessary to lead this program.
In this Instructor role, you will:
• Maintain accurate record keeping as it applies to student attendance and grades.
• Create and maintain a safe environment at all times.
• Manage tools assigned to the classroom and issue, inspect, repair, and teach proper handling of tools.
• Maintain control of student activities and ensure compliance of school policies and rules.
• Ensure an ethical and fair testing environment during periods of testing.
• Maintain classroom equipment through evaluation, inspection, parts ordering, and repair.
• Constantly evaluate curriculum to ensure relevance and maintain a working field knowledge through continuing education.
• Conform to prescribed methods of record keeping as directed by supervisory staff.
• Communicate promptly regarding supplies, tools or other essentials for students in the classroom.
• Demonstrate continuing professional development of technical expertise and as an instructor.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Minimum of five years of welding field experience
• Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to work individually and within a group
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Established customer service background
• Computer proficiency using Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, and Outlook) required
• Candidates must be able to successfully pass a criminal history check and drug test.